Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Always Dusk

12 p.m. Today



3:00 p.m. today



Sunrise - 10:50 a.m.
Sunset - 2:40 p.m.
Length of day - 3h 49mi
Temp at 4:00 p.m.: 17-below zero F

These dark winter mornings just invite sleep. I love it, however, the wonderful man who has to bring home the bacon is having a difficult time staying verticle by about 2:00 in the afternoon. Some people have suggested he buy a "Happy Light" (a UV lamp) for his desk, but I think he's gonna stick it out. In three days, after the Winter Solstice, we will be gaining daylight every day.

I love winter, but look forward to the temps staying above zero consistently so I can get out and enjoy (I'm assuming I'll enjoy it) skiing and snowshoeing. I had it in my head that I would be able to be out for extended periods of time all winter long, but it's just too frigid right now. I am enjoying the cold climate though!

We finally got some more snow yesterday, but there's still less than 12 inches on the ground. I hope the clouds will be more generous in the near future. I love the snow.

2 comments:

CereneOne said...

Wonderful photos!

As for the Happy Lights. Just buy the light bulb type. You don't need to buy a special lamp. They are about 3 dollars at Lowes and come in all shapes and sizes. We put them through out our house because it gets so dreary here in MD as it did in DE. Helps to keep the body happy!

Anonymous said...

I praise Him in the light and especially in the darkness...and by the way, agree with you: O praise Him! O praise Him! Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!